Housing assistance subsidies for families living in the West Hartford area.
Family Self-Sufficiency Program
The Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) program is designed to help create more financially stable families that contribute financially and socially to the West Hartford community. Self-sufficient families add to the economic base of the community at large. They become customers to local businesses and stakeholders in their neighborhoods.
Families who participate in the Housing Choice Voucher FSS program are provided opportunities for education, job training, and other forms of social service assistance. The FSS program links families to needed services in order to meet individual goals. These services include:
- Financial literacy
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes
- Job preparedness and job search assistance
- Career assessment and career development
The West Hartford Housing Authority also partners with other agencies and businesses to provide a greater network of resources and services for participating families. Some of the partner agencies and businesses include:
- Town of West Hartford Human Service Department
- Hillcrest Area Neighborhood Outreach Center
- Jewish Family Services
- CT Works
- Hartford Construction Initiative/Jobs Funnel
- Capital Community College
- Goodwin College
- Webster Bank
To learn more about the FSS program, contact the WHHA FSS Coordinator.