Housing assistance subsidies for families living in the West Hartford area.
Mission Statement & Board of Commissioners
The West Hartford Housing Authority’s programs are administered in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and the State of Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development and Connecticut Housing Finance Authority.
The Mission of the West Hartford Housing Authority is to create, preserve, revitalize and pursue affordable housing and community development opportunities that serve a diverse mix of households. The core efforts of the Authority will be focused in West Hartford, and through our affiliate Trout Brook Realty Advisors we will entertain, through partnerships or through consultative services, affordable housing activity throughout the State of Connecticut.
The WHHA seeks to promote a viable and dynamic community through its leadership and collaborative activities, and will continue to focus on maintaining and managing quality housing and providing residential services that afford our residents the opportunity to achieve personal growth and financial independence.
- Expand housing options for a continuum of household income ranges and ages.
- Maintain and expand our internal organizational capabilities and increase our financial independence.
- Continue to foster sustainable community connections in West Hartford and be seen as a “go-to” property development advisor and problem solver for small to mid-sized housing authorities and/or communities across the state.
- Promote access to services that enhance and enable residents to achieve self-sufficiency.
- Promote real estate development opportunities that foster access for our residents to jobs, shopping, medical care and entertainment.
Board of Commissioners
A Board of Commissioners establishes the policies and mission of the West Hartford Housing Authority.
Kate Miller – Chairperson
Clare Dowd – Commissioner
Diana MacPherson – Treasurer Commissioner
Vladimir Kaplan – Resident Commissioner
Lee Reynolds – Commissioner
George Howell – Executive Director/Secretary